How to Get Approved for Credit Cards Even If You Have Bad Credit
Are you having trouble getting approved for credit cards because your credit isn’t picture-perfect? Well, thanks to the many secured credit cards available on the market, you CAN get approved … as long as you know where to apply.
You see, secured credit cards allow you to rebuild your credit by proving you have a valid source of income and that you can either secure the credit line with a checking account or can make a required deposit to the card.
Now, because each card has its own rules and perks, you’ll need to determine which one best fits your needs. And we’re here to help you do precisely that.
Check out this list of top credit cards you can get (even with bad credit):
Secured Mastercard® from Capital One®
The Secured Mastercard® from Capital One® is a top choice for a secured credit card because it carries no annual fee. Choosing a card with no annual fee means you’ll be more likely to keep the card around in the future.
Here are three key features:
- Low deposit. It’s required that you keep a deposit of $49, $99 or $200 with Capital One to get this card, but the good news is you can get it refunded after a certain time period of good standing.
- 26.49% Variable APR. Like most secured credit cards, the Annual Percentage Rate is high, but you can easily avoid it by paying the full balance on the card each month.
- Annual Fee is $0. The Secured Mastercard® from Capital One® lets you rebuild your credit without the hefty annual fee weighing you down.
Discover it® Secured Card
The Discover it® Secured Card is another secured credit card featuring no annual fee. This card also offers cash rewards on purchases and even has a balance transfer offer available on all new accounts.
Here are the details of the Discover it® Secured Card:
- Rewards. Offers 2% rewards at gas stations and restaurants for up to $1,000 in purchases each quarter and an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Intro APR. You can get 10.99% on balance transfers for 6 months, which will help you pay down the higher balances on your other cards.
- 24.74% Variable APR. The interest rate is high on this card, but the account has a grace period that allows you to pay the balance off each month interest-free.
- Annual Fee is $0. A no annual fee card is a great way to save money on fees and it will help you build a solid financial future.
OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card
OpenSky® Secured Visa® is another secured credit card. The major perk to this card is OpenSky® doesn’t check your credit when you open the account. This means you’ll get no hard inquiries on your credit report and you don’t need to worry about credit worthiness.
Here are the features of the OpenSky® Secured Visa®:
- No Credit Check. OpenSky® does not check credit when you apply. This could be the best feature for you if you’re looking to avoid hard inquiries on your credit report.
- Rate 19.14% Variable APR. OpenSky® offers one of the lowest rates we’ve seen for a secured credit card, and it may make you more likely to keep this card around for a while.
- $35 Annual Fee. The annual fee on this card is medium-high, but it may be worth it if you are looking for a guaranteed acceptance card.
- Build Your Credit History. This card will not do a hard inquiry when you apply, but they will still report to the three major credit bureaus so you can build a solid credit history.
Getting a secured credit card is one of the best ways to go. Apply to one of these cards and watch your credit improve over time. The key is to make sure you make your payments on time, and always pay your cards off in full every month. Ready to boost your credit score once and for all? Schedule your complimentary personal credit consultation today