Why Your Business Needs a Dedicated Phone Number
You’re on vacation with your family and then it happens … a business phone call.
You thought an email auto-reply message was enough, but it isn’t.
In fact, clients, vendors and team members still have direct access to you, and they can all hear your kids playing in the background, which leaves them a little confused.
If you’re wondering if there’s a better way to handle business phone calls …
There is. It’s called a dedicated phone number.
In this post, you’ll find out why your business needs a dedicated phone number, and I’ll also clue you in on my favorite phone solution, RingCentral.
Why should you get a phone number for your business?
Here are the most common reasons to get a dedicated business phone number:
- To maintain professionalism. With a dedicated business line, people will only contact you when you’re ready to answer the call.
- Voicemail system. In the case you’re not ready to talk, a business phone line sends them to a professional voicemail message.
- To get the rest you need. A dedicated business phone will allow you to shut down calls when you’re ready to rest and play.
- Clear phone line. Cell phone signals can break up and have static sometimes, and this can really hurt your business, especially when you’re handling an important call.
- Screening and routing. Knowing who’s calling and the reason for the call allows you to service your customers faster.
What options are available for business phone numbers?
There are many solutions for dedicated business phone numbers, and all providers offer lots of options at different price levels, but my all-time favorite is RingCentral.
What is RingCentral?
RingCentral is a cloud-based business phone system that allows you to answer calls from clients, video cam with your team and manage calls professionally.
With RingCentral, you can:
- Answer calls from anywhere. RingCentral is virtual, so you don’t have to be sitting at your desk to use it.
- Use messaging, video or phone only. You have access to many ways of communicating, and the RingCentral system can handle multiple team members within the same room as well.
- Send calls to the Auto-Receptionist first. This feature allows your clients to dial extensions and go directly to the department they need.
- Flip calls to another device. Want to switch from your phone to your desktop mid-call? No problem. Do it quickly with RingCentral.
As you can tell, RingCentral is a one-stop-shop for business communication with customers and team members. RingCentral gives you an edge of professionalism while providing you with many ways to communicate easily and efficiently with your team and clients. If you’re looking to improve the way you handle phone calls as a business, find out more about RingCentral here.